Dec 4, 2010

Breakfast with Santa

(Adam test-driving the Santa suit).

Adam and I were in charge of our ward's Christmas party. I must say that it turned out fantastically. A live band showed up (much to our surprise), we had a professional volunteer to decorate the backdrop behind Santa, and one of the best Santa Clauses the world has seen. Our ward consumed 36 lbs of hashbrowns, 200 links of sausage, over 350 pancakes, 5 gallons of orange juice, and 4 gallons of milk! There were some very busy chefs.
(This kid was very excited to show Santa how fast he could run.
He told Santa that he is faster than Rudolph!)

This was our fantastic Santa. I had 3 women tell me that he was the first Santa that didn't scare their kids and make them cry. Good job dad! I told my dad it was his grandpa audition, and he definitely passed. Thanks for spending all morning helping us out mom and dad!

My favorite quote was from Adam. He was trying to get the outdoor grill going to cook the sausage, but he couldn't find a lighter. However, as he explained to me, "Then I remembered that I was married to you, and quickly found one in the back of the Jeep."
Today we also managed to put the Christmas lights up on our house. I really like the effect, but we may need one more strand to finish off the roof line... Like this blog post, this was really me procrastinating all of the grading I need to do. I always seem to forget how hard the end of the semester is. Anyone want to write a final for Oceanography?

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see that you recovered. Santa (your dad) is still complaining about missing breakfast.

    FYI: Two papers down and one online meeting with BYUI. Dad and I were asleep at 6:30 p.m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed loudly about Adam's comment about who he is married too. It makes me happy that some things never change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a Santa! You could have also had a Santa cooking. Adam looks great in that suit! I'm glad it turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job on the Christmas breakfast, I want some pancakes and sausage now! Your home looks great with the lights up!

    ReplyDelete