Dec 14, 2010

Happy Birthday to me...

I had a great birthday this weekend. My actual birthday was pretty lame as I spent the day writing a final and learning how to schedule the stake center with Adam, but my celebrated birthday was awesome. I slept in until 10, helped decorate the ward building for the creche (its not a Utah thing, just my bishop's thing), came home and took a nap, and then got ready for the party. (Yes, that is really all that my day consisted of).

We drove down to Salt Lake to check out the lights (this year they had an odd combination with bright orange and bright pink together) and ate dinner at the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. The view from the restaurant was amazing as it overlooks the temple and the lighted grounds. And the desserts there were incredible. So was the dinner. (Notice how the day consisted of sleeping and eating? Is that always the highlight of your day when you are pregnant?) I love going downtown at Christmas time, it really gets me in the festive holiday mood. It was such a fun birthday. Excellent present mom and dad. It was fun to spend time together. And thanks for the awesome presents and cards and emails and facebook shout outs this year. I definitely felt loved and loved it all.So last year on my birthday I told Adam that because we had spent so much money, I didn't need him to get me a birthday present. (Buying the house was pretty expensive...). So there was no present from Adam. But now I know better, that despite my altruistic intentions I will still be sad if I don't have something to unwrap on my birthday from my husband! So this year I think Adam made up for both years and got me an ipod touch. It is the cutest little think I have seen and I love it. It is definitely too cool for me as Cassi reminded me with, "You've never seen one of those before? Are you kidding? Never? Wow."

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you - always a present! And yep - eating and napping, napping and eating, that pretty much sums up pregnancy. I'm so sad we didn't get to chat at Thanksgiving - I was so ready to grill you down about being pregnant! Hopefully we'll see you at Christmas. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures on Temple Square look great---colors blend better than in real life.

    ReplyDelete