So, we are definitely having a baby. It took a little time and some empirical evidence to convince me, but it is true. As we have announced the news to the family, we have heard a ton of "Congratulations" and also some "Its about time." As my uncle Glade has reminded me, "You aren't a spring chicken."
As we embark on this new adventure, I have had some observations:
1) There really isn't anything fun about being pregnant. Except when you get to tell your parents that they are about to be grandparents! And when you get to call you grandma Vicki with the news.
2) Pregnancy brings out the worst in me, but the best in Adam. Take last night as an example: I had to teach, but my head hurt too much to drive. So after Adam worked all day, he drove me to class-stayed while I taught-and then drove me home. When we got home he made me dinner, and then cleaned up the dinner that I threw up everywhere (I even tagged the picture of Jesus that is up in our hall somehow). Then he gave me a blessing, rubbed my head and back and neck, and brought me various things all night. What a guy huh!
3) Pregnancy pants are the comfiest ever! No zippers or buttons. They look normal from the waist down so nobody suspects the comfy stretchy material above.
4) The weirdest people ask you "How are you feeling?" That is a hard question to answer. Do they want the truth? Nauseous, gassy, exhausted, etc.? I mean, when my family asks me I know they are showing love. But when random dudes ask me at church? I've started to say that I feel hopeful that the BYU cougars can pull out a winning season. This is true. I think they can.
5) So I had been wondering for a while why my mom's sisters (and aunt Julie) hadn't said anything about the baby. I told grandma about it almost 2 months ago so I figured the news has spread. I asked mom about it and she said she had only told Tiffany, but that no one else had said anything to her about it. Not even to tease her about being a grandma! Turns out, they all KNEW but didn't know if they were supposed to know, so they didn't say anything. I laughed and laughed. It is official now. You can all know.
(I'm 17 weeks along. If I knew how to put a countdown on my blog I would. Or maybe seeing how many days are left would be too depressing...)
Nov 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
FINALLY!!!! The go-ahead to officially know! I have been dying to chat but only if I was suppose to know! Love the throw up story - I'm sure there will be many more. Kudos to Adam. The joke around here is not whether I can handle another pregnancy - it's if John can! COGNRATS!
ReplyDeleteSo I just asked you on Facebook how you are feeling! Well, you can just ignore that now! I am just giddy with excitement for you and Adam. And I agree, pregnancy is so HARD, I had no idea. Thank heavens for our wonderful and patient husbands who take care of us at our worst!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!
Let's announce it at Thanksgiving and pretend noone was supposed to know.
ReplyDeletePregnancy isn't fun. I sometimes feel a little spiteful to those who say "they never felt better." Personally, when I'm pregnant I want the whole world to know and to take care of me! I'm glad Adam is so wonderful to you!
ReplyDelete