Apr 7, 2011

We are all home!

We are finally all home together. I am so happy that all members of my little family get to live together again. It was 69 very long days apart for all of us. It feels so glorious to hold her without being in the noisy NICU. And we can hold her as long as we want! We have probably been holding her too much, but she is just so cuddly and we love her so much.
This is the last picture of Victoria in the NICU.
Her monitor. I really hated that thing. It would make the most ear cringing beeping noises if she moved/breathed funny/looked at it/burped/hiccuped/or it was just in a bad mood. It took quite a bit of restraint on my part not to smash that thing against the wall. We will never buy anything that beeps. Ever. I am currently in the process of turning off the beeping noise of my microwave. Perhaps it was the blood pressure machines that would beep every 120 seconds outside my hospital room, but I can't handle the sound of alarms anymore.
Her first picture home. The whole time she was in the NICU I was dying to put socks on her. Her feet always seemed cold. It only took one ride in the Jeep for her to lose that sock. I have no idea where it went.
We love feeding her in the quiet and calm of our home. She really loves it when her daddy holds her.
Baby Victoria at 3 weeks old with my rock hammer for scale. It was sure nice of her to stretch out for me! She loves her purple outfit and blanket from her grandma Vicki.
Mom insisted that I take some pictures WITHOUT the rock hammer. Its just a geology thing mom!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I'm so so glad that you are home and all healthy. She is so beautiful, and I can tell she has both of you wrapped around her fingers! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caprise, I'm so excited you are finally all home. Don't you just love the smell of babies. She is a doll. It's amazing how fast time passes while you are just watching them grow. When the weather gets better you will have to bring her to the Geology Office so the ladies their can meet her.

    ReplyDelete