Mar 21, 2011

She is finally here!

Baby Victoria was born on March 16th at 10:53 a.m. via C-section. She weighed in at 5 lbs and is 17 1/2 in. long. I am currently recovering at my parents house and she is recovering in the NICU at St. Marks. After 52 days I am elated to be out of the hospital, but it is very hard to leave her behind. We only get to hold her a couple times a day, and it feels like we only have her on loan for those few precious moments. She is getting stronger each day, but it is very hard to see her with so many tubes and wires attached to her tiny body. She has captured our hearts with just a few cute sneezes and adorable baby noises.
These are her first pictures.
Her daddy's hand for scale.
Our happy family. Some of us our looking better than others...
Proud daddy.
The first time we saw her open her eyes.
Her "tanning" booth.

She has had her Grandpa Steadman wrapped around her little finger since this moment.
One concerned baby.
















6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to finally see an update and hear how both of you are doing! I've been checking your blog almost every day! She's so beautiful. I'm glad that she's here and both of you are doing well. Well, you don't really mention how you are...I hope you are feeling great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family picture is so great! I keep telling Caleb he has to get rid of his cold so that we can come look in the window and see his new cousin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad she's finally here!!! I can't wait to fly out and have grandma time! She is so cute and I love to see her eyes! I'm glad you are starting to recuperate and get stronger! I'll be glad to hear she comes home with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! She is so beautiful. Her hair is so dark. Maybe she'll have curls too! Hopefully you can take her home soon. I hope mommy is recovering quickly. Being away from hospital food should do wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to you and Adam! You are right about some in your family looking better than others. You and the baby look great, but Adam...well he just can't help it. He's always looked a little funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm behind on the times here but so so happy to see that you and Victoria were victorious! She is a doll; Dave and I have been gushing over the newest pictures of her! CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete