Buying a house takes a lot of phone calls. We just a few days away from our closing date and I am getting really tired of hearing from Marie (the realtor) and Janet (the loan person). Last week Sharon called at 6:00 a.m. (calling anyone –especially me—that early is just vulgar ) to tell us that the seller (them) had rejected addendum #3 and we had to come to an agreement by 5:00 p.m. or our offer on the house would be canceled and we would need to start the process over. Addendum #3 (you don’t even want to know about #1 and #2) was about minor repairs on the house. So Adam and I had to counter their rejection with a fourth Addendum. And then we presented it to Marie, and Marie presented it to their “agent” and then the sellers’ agent presented the plan to them. All of this going through so many people created quite the misunderstanding that was not resolved until 4:30 p.m. when I was hastily signing a form, scanning it, and emailing it to Adam to hurriedly sign, scan, and email to Marie.
Janet’s calls are not as drama filled, but usually result in time consuming chores. The other day she informed me that I needed to create a document stating that we have not incurred and debt and that I needed to disclose the amount I will make with my Fall BYU teaching contract. This document needed to get to her that day and Adam and I both needed to sign it. She also needed a copy of that BYU contract, a copy of the bank statement insuring that the earnest money has gone through, and a copy of the earnest money check from the bank. Which means I spent half the day calling up the bank (it will cost $2.00 for them to email me a copy of the check) typing up documents, and sorting through our bank statements, and lots of scanning and emailing. And that is one example of her fun little calls. These calls wouldn’t be a problem except it takes a lot of time away from working on my thesis. Which needs to be defended by October!
Anyway, other than the inconvenient phone calls from Marie and Janet, things are looking good. The house passed inspections, the appraisal matched our offer, and all of the addendums are signed. This Thursday is our closing date which means after a few hours of signing forms (that’s right a few HOURS) we get to leave with the keys to our house! And probably a garage door opener.
Sep 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
And now the moving process begins.
ReplyDeleteWhat? How wonderful and chaotic and crazy and wonderful! I am so excited for you - can't wait to see you house - and just in time to have it all decorated for Halloween! :)
ReplyDeleteWow, that sounds awful. Why can't the fun things about being an adult (having your own house) come without all the annoying parts about being an adult (like making decisions, finding paperwork, ect)? Anyways, I hope it all worked out and you have your keys now!
ReplyDeleteSo when do we get to see pictures of the house all moved in?????
ReplyDelete